I’m Kimberley Pierce Cartwright and this is my creative space. Welcome! I grew up in Hallsboro, North Carolina during the 1960s and 70s. Back then there was no Internet, cell phones, cable television or electric cars. We’ve come a long way since then. Now everything is fast except doing things by hand. I love slow sewing and crafting. It puts life in perspective for me because I remember the simpler times when my mother made our clothes on an old treadle sewing machine because we didn’t have electricity. She cooked our meals and made sure we understood the meaning of hard work. She gave me her fabric scraps and I made little dolls with rudimentary clothing. My artwork today reminds me of those simple days. I hope you will stop by often and spend some time with me. Hire me to work with your quilt guild or in the future take one of my On-Demand Classes. It will be fun!
I AM CURRENTLY SCHEDULING FOR IN-PERSON AND LIVE VIRTUAL CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, LECTURES, AND TRUNK SHOWS FOR GUILDS. PLEASE CHECK OUT THE GUILDS PROGRAM MENU ON THIS WEBSITE, OR EMAIL ME FOR SCHEDULING, RATES, AND PROGRAMMING OPTIONS. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
- 2006 African American Quilt Circle, Member
- 2022 Quiltfolk Magazine Issue 23, North Carolina Issue
- 2022 Durham Magazine June/July Issue
- 2020 NCCU Now Winter 2020, Page 26.
- 2019 Quilting Arts Magazine October/November 2019 A Better World Exhibit
- 2011 Quilting Arts Magazine, online feature QA Birthday Postcards November 2011
- 2010 Herald Sun News Paper Durham.
- 2009 The African American Quilt Circle of Durham, North Carolina (ISBN: 978-0—-615-17337-5)
- 2008 Quilting Arts Magazine, online feature Valentine’s Day Tribute Loveland, Colorado
- 2021 VAE Raleigh North Carolina Pivotal Fund Cohort 2021
- 2019 Ella Fountain Pratt Emerging Artist scholarship grant, The Durham Arts Council.
- 2022 Reckoning and Resilience North Carolina Art Now Nasher Museum of Art Duke University North Carolina Now January – July Durham, NC
- 2022 State of the Art-Art of the State, Cameron Art Museum, Wilmington, NC
- 2020 Faith, North Carolina Central University Art Museum, Durham, NC
- 2019 Exhibit: Angels, Flowers and Sweethearts, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
- 2017 20 Years of Harmony: Stitches of a QuiltEssential Sisterhood, North Carolina Central University Art Museum
- 2017 Sew Much Life . . . Threads Connecting Lives, Hayti Heritage Center, Durham, NC.
- 2016 Take Note, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
- 2012 Woven Melodies: Works by The African American Quilt Circle of Durham, NC
- 2012 Textiles of CommUnity: Quilts from the African American Quilt Circle Fayetteville, NC
- 2011 Reflections, African American Quilt Circle of Durham, Durham NC
- 2011 Lazy Daze Arts & Crafts Festival Cary, NC.
- 2011 The Gaille Collection, Artist Galleries, Raleigh, NC
- 2010 Audubon in Cloth, Henderson, Kentucky.
- Life through Quilts: Works by the African-American Quilt Circle of Durham, Durham Arts Council
- 2009 The 36th Annual Center Fest Arts Festival Durham
- 2008 Intersections Art Collaboration With Artist Andria Lynn, Durham